Study Abroad During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Frequently Asked Questions About Study Abroad
- Can I apply to more than one study abroad program at once?
- I am an international student studying abroad at Ritsumeikan University. Can I participate in a study abroad program?
- Do I have to pay tuition to Ritsumeikan University even during my study abroad period?
- I want to study abroad long-term. Can I graduate in 4 years (or 6 years)?
- If I participate in a study abroad program for longer than one semester, does Ritsumeikan University treat this as “Leave of Absence”? Also, will my graduation date be delayed?
- What does the study abroad program fee include?
- Do I need a GPA to apply for a study abroad program?
- I only have a TOEIC score. Can I apply for an exchange program in an English-speaking country?
- I have VELC and CASEC language proficiency scores, but do I also need TOEIC or TOEFL scores?
- I will not receive the language proficiency test score certificate (original) that I wish to submit with my application by the application deadline. What should I do?
- When should I submit qualification certificates such as language proficiency test scores, etc.?
- We all applicants who apply for a study abroad program be able to participate?
- Do I need to have a medical check-up before studying abroad?
- Do I arrange my own accommodation at the study abroad location?
- Are there any courses that I must take to study abroad?
- Are there any rules and regulations for studying abroad?
- Is there any study abroad crisis management support?
- I have a chronic illness (or an injury or illness currently being treated). Can I study abroad?
Study Abroad Consultations and Taking Courses
- For which courses will I be awarded credits for earned study abroad credits, and how many credits will be awarded?
- How many credits should I earn before studying abroad?
- Are there any recommended courses prior to studying abroad?
- Is there any learning support at Ritsumeikan University for obtaining a high language proficiency test score?
- Where can I have a consultation about studying abroad?
- Will information sessions about study abroad programs be held?
RU / Non-RU Scholarship Systems
- Is there anything that I should pay particular attention to when applying for the Ritsumeikan University Study Abroad Challenge Scholarship?
- Is there anything that I should pay particular attention to when applying for the Ritsumeikan University Study Abroad Support Scholarship?
- What kinds for scholarships are offered by RU for students studying abroad?
- Is there anything I should be aware of when receiving a scholarship for studying abroad?
- Can scholarships for studying abroad be combined with multiple other scholarships?
- What kind of application requirements are there for scholarships for studying abroad?
- What kind of job hunting activities can I do overseas?
- Can I start job hunting at the study abroad location?
- Can I participate in job hunting even if I study abroad in my third year?
- I would like to study abroad using the Leave of Absence system. Is information about this provided at the International Center?