The information for international students who will enroll in the undergraduate and graduate schools of Ritsumeikan University in September 2023 will be sequentially posted on this page starting on September 1, Friday.
(Last Updated 2023/9/14, 09:00)
1. Orientation session for new international students by the International Center
The online orientation session for new international students by the International Center will be held on the following dates. The orientation will cover important information for new international students, such as status of residence, application procedures for scholarships and tuition reduction, and what to do if you have any problems in your student life.
Date & Time, Format, and Pre-registration
2. Flow of before and after entry into Japan
2-1 New entry into Japan (Steps from visa acquisition and entry to Japan)
If you are entering to Japan with a new "STUDENT" visa, please check this page regarding the necessary procedures for newly entering Japan.
2-2 Complete the following procedures at the ward office
- All three procedures below can be done at the ward office on a same day. Complete everything on the same day if possible.
- For more information, please also check the websites of your local city hall/ward office, international associations, etc.
|(1)Register your address
|(2)Enroll in the National Health Insurance System
|(3)Enroll in the National Pension System
2-3 Submit a copy of your residence card to the University
- All international students are required to submit a copy of their residence card. The Immigration Service Agency of Japan requires foreign students to report their status of residence to the institution they belong.
- To access the form below, you must log in with your Ritsumeikan University RAINBOW ID which will be distribute to you via Ritsu-Mate on Friday, September 15th. （Regular international student）
> About RAINBOW user ID and password
- How to submit: Upload photos of your residence card (front and back) via this form📄.
3. Important information for living as an international student at Ritsumeikan University
3-1 Materials explained at the orientation session for new international students
- The materials explained at the orientation on Wednesday, September 20 is available HERE.
- If you were unable to attend the orientation or would like to review the information after the orientation, please review them as needed.
3-2 What every international student must remember to do
- You have been granted the status of "Student"(留学) by the Immigration Bureau as a qualification to study and research at Ritsumeikan University.
- If you are not studying or doing research at the university or if we are unable to contact you, you will be considered illegally staying in Japan or unaccounted for and you may lose your status of residence "Student".
- Even if you are actually conducting studies or research, the act of forgetting to follow the procedures for extending the period of "Student" status of residence may result in an illegal stay in Japan.
- To avoid this situation, please remember to do the following steps.
|What needs to be done
|When to do
|How to do
Submission of residence card
Extension of your Period of Stay
|See this page
|Monthly attendance confirmation
|See this page
|Registration of your personal information and updates
|Submission of "Notification for Temporarily Leaving Japan"
|See this page
3-3 Useful information for student life
- This section contains information you should know about student life at Ritsumeikan University such as Introduction of the "Online Support Desk" where you can ask questions, consult, send application and submit documents to the International Center at any time, "International Student Handbook", which contains useful information for international students in their daily lives, how to apply for scholarships and tuition reductions for international students, and a "Study Support Site" with information on classes, certificates, etc.
- Particularly important points will be explained to everyone at the orientation mentioned above.
Online Support Desk
|What you can do and how to use the Online Support Desk
|International Student Handbook
|The Handbook provides important information about international students life and study at Ritsumeikan University.
|Tuition reduction and scholarships
|Applying for scholarships after enrollment as a self-financed student
|Opening bank account
|How to open Japan Post Bank (Yucho Bank)(PDF)
|Study Support Site
(Taking courses, etc)
|Study Support Site provides you basic information for learning / administrative procedures for your student life.
|Commuting to Campus by bicycle
For commuting to campus by bicycle, you need registration.
|About IT support
|Using the library
|Office of Student Affairs
Student Life Guide(PDF) (For Extracurricular Activities & Safe and Secure Student Life)
|Medical Service Center
Membership Recommendation from Ritsumeikan CO-OP(PDF)
|Job hunting in Japan and University support